Floyd Rose Original 42mm Stone Tone Tremalo Block
These patented blocks are made of granite, and are designed to enhance and strengthen the sound of ythe tremolo-equipped instrument across the entire audio spectrum. Granite, when quarried in its natural state, is not only of an ideal density for the purpose of sustain, but also has a crystalline atomic structure which is ideal for sonic transferenceÌÎÌ_ÌÎåit requires no factory processing or dilution, and the natural change in sound, upon installation, is so drastic that signal loss from the guitar to the amplifier will be decreased by at least 30%. The blocks are crafted from Volcano Black Absolute Granite, the compression strength of which is 19,000 psi/130,000 kpa and the tension strength of which is 700 psi/4,800 kpa; this is the 4th densest material on earth, just behind Diamond, Carbon and Quartz! Comes with stainless steel sustain block mounting screws.
"I couldn't play without a Stone Tone Tremolo Block now that I've started using them. It's like icing on the cake". -Chris Poland (Megadeth, Ohm)
Other regular Stone Tone block users include Ira Black, Jeff Young, Jeff Loomis, Scott Gailor, Ronny North, Dave Reffet and more!
1. When installing the block, the StoneTone logo should face the spring claw.
2. The anchors are made of soft lead alloy; be careful not overtighten them as they are not made of hardened metal.
3. Do not use any type of drill on the block-- get the center screw started, followed by the outside screws, and repeat the pattern to secure them.
4. Do not use any ammonia based substances to clean ythe block, a clean micro fiber or terry cloth should easily take care of any smudges or blemishes.
Floyd Rose FROSTB42 Tech Specs:
- Materials: Granite
- Size: 42mm
- Part Type: Stone Tone Tremalo Block
- Product Manufacturer: Floyd Rose